As I mentioned in a post a few days ago, I was encouraged 10 years ago through a seminar to spend daily time alone with the Lord, and took the presenter up on his challenge. This was what he recommended:
When you wake up in the morning, “Good morning Jesus. Thanks for a good night sleep. Look forward to being with you.
- Guidance – read scripture and pray over calendar for the day
- Dedication of the day to the Lord
- Interccession – pray for family and those you minister with and to
- Meditation – pick out something from your time with the Lord that you can walk with the rest of the day.
* By Tom Raley – Practicing Spiritual Discipline